Glorious Training for Mother Evropa
- Exploring the beautiful countryside with my girl. We are usually out 2-4 hours on each exploration hike, this particular day we were also blessed with some fine weather!
- Doing some padwork focusing on kicks before MMA training. I train MMA three times a week, each session is 2,5 hours, where the first hour focused mainly on BJJ and the rest is more oriented towards stand-up and MMA in general.
- Weighted pull-ups. Excellent compound movement to hit the lats and biceps. A change I have made is that I no longer use straps in order to further strengthen my grip. Grip strength is always good to have! This was done on a separate day from the MMA (as were the exploration hike).
- My girl and I found some logs that looked like a good way to acquire a pump, the sequence where my girl does them is in the latest Gains Kitchen video.
- Some light sparring. We did not go too hard since the session was ahead of us.
- After the session of MMA I did some additional pad work for additional conditioning and technique training.
Additional comments. My training at the moment is a mixture of lifting and martial arts. I also try to get out exploring in nature as well as part of a well-balanced fitness!
As for the boxing technique I am comfortable enough with the power and flexibility in the kicks. My hands (the boxing) however, is still somewhat lacking, they were never my strong suit. This means that I need to work extra hard on brining them up to speed!
Something that has gotten better as of late though is my conditioning. I feel very comfortable with this despite my 100 kg. A misconception is that you necessarily have to sacrifice a good conditioning for additional muscle mass. It is indeed easier to have a good conditioning when being lighter, but if you train cardio you will get better conditioned, easy as that!