Posted on April 30, 2021
Originally posted to Gab for Fizeek Friday: original post.
I do not post physique from the Temple of Iron, but from another form of training. This is the wisdom of the week:
What to do if you can’t access the gym? And what do you do when you have suboptimal conditions for a gym session (i.e. bad sleep, bad diet etc.)?
- If you, for whatever reason, have decided to not pray in the Temple of Iron, you can always go for a nice forest walk. Pictured: me checking in from such a walk, chewing on four mastic gums, listening to a podcast (in this case Caribbean Rhythms).
- Either you train something lighter, doing complementary bodybuilding exercises, or you go for a walk.
If you know you can’t perform well enough, it is better to save that session for when you are adequately prepared. Say you are following The Primordial Beast’s Hypertrophy Plan, which I wrote for the Physique Manufactorum a while back, or Smolov JR for the benchpress, you simply need to have a good night’s sleep behind you. You also need to have eaten well before, otherwise you will most likely not be able to finish the session. Should you be able to finish the session even when having slept and eaten poorly, you need to increase the weights for your coming sessions.
Remember; to put on mass (as a natural), you need to get stronger in the main compound movements. Progression over a long period of time is the key. If you can’t perform well enough a certain day; postpone the session.
Aux Armes garment for +10 in Thumos and Motivation. Organic cotton, made in Poland: https://legiogloria.com/
Posted on April 22, 2021
I have read Redeeming Lucifer by Swedish historian and author Lennart Svensson. The title caught my attention, especially since I was intrigued by Otto Rahn’s Lucifers Court, which I made a book review on (available here). Redeeming Lucifer is a fictional work with plenty of esoteric and spiritual themes. Without giving too much away, the main plot is that the protagonist must find and redeem Lucifer (by meeting him and praying for him) in order to bring harmony to the world.
I enjoyed the book. It is well written, immersive, and, as mentioned above, contains interesting esoteric themes. The protagonist of the book, Carl Griffensteen, is a Finland Swede (finlandssvensk in Swedish), and an officer in the Russian army during the Romanian campaign of 1917. During the campaign, he is visited by an angel named Pelagion who invites him to a holy quest in The Land. The Land is a parallel, spiritual world that is a projection of one’s own mind. He is joined in The Land by a trusted companion named Ivan.
In order to reach Lucifer to redeem him (and to make him renounce his vicious ways), Carl needs to muster an army of Light to defeat the army of Darkness that stands in his way. To achieve victory, Carl and Ivan must recruit both historical and mythological heroes. The army of Darkness consists of infamous villains, also both taken from history and myth.
Among the villains of the Dark side we find, among others: Mordred (who killed King Arthur), Ganelon (He is based upon the historical archbishop Wenilo who betrayed King Charles the Bald in 858), Benedict Arnold (a betrayer of the Americans during the American Revolution), and Didrik Slagheck (a villainous Danish bishop involved in the Stockholm Bloodbath, which is an event I will cover in a coming Odysee video).
Among the heroes of the Light side we find, among others: Tannhäuser (a mythologized medieval German Minnesänger and poet. I will write more about ‘Minne‘ in my next article on Otto Rahn’s studies), Odysseus (who needs little introduction for any true cultured thug), Aenas (a mythological Trojan hero and ancestor to Romulus and Remus),
Having historical and mythical characters appear in the book in this way is a great example on how to make a fictional book educational. Definitely a nice touch!
Whenever I read a book, I am always on the lookout for epic quotes to share. I found a quite memorable passage that I thought would be appropriate to share:
How should one act?
Do what feels right.
How does one counter feelings of helplessness?
Man is helpless only if he sees himself as helpless.
Where is this all leading?
There is only here and now.
What can we do without?
Our sense of inferiority.
Another legendary hero that appears in the book is Carl Gustaf Mannerheim. Mannerheim is, arguably, Finland’s greatest man of all time. He actually started his career in the Russian army. He fought in the Russo-Japanese War 1904-1905 and would later lead the Whites in the Finnish Civil War against the Reds (Communists). He would also lead Finland against the Soviets during the Second World War.
Interesting to note is that Mannerheim participated in the Great Game (read my review of Peter Hopkirk’s The Great Game here). He was asked by General Staff of Tsar Nicholas II to undertake a journey through Turkestan to Beijing as a secret intelligence officer disguised as an ethnographer (as was often the case for Russian and British officers). The purpose of the journey was to investigate potential invasion routes into western China.
Perhaps Mannerheim is a suitable topic for a coming Podcast episode (his story is certainly too long to cover here).
Speaking of the Podcast, I have many episodes planned. One of them is about affirmations and the importance of visualising things. I mention this here since a major theme of the book is the relationship between the interior (mind) and the exterior (the outer world). An interesting and important topic indeed.
Lastly, I might add that I have read another book from the author: Ett Rike Utan Like, which is a book about the history of Sweden. It is in Swedish and a book I can also recommend.
In conclusion, Redeeming Lucifer is a good book that I can recommend. At around 200 pages it is easy to read through, in case you have many books on your to-read-list (which I always have).
Posted on April 18, 2021
Salutations! This is a quick update on the video production. I haven’t been so active as of late due to other commitments. That being said, I will get back to my usual video frequency come May. May as in Mayhem! It is a month I have always associated with a high pace. I will continue to post videos to YouTube, but I will make exclusive content for Odysee.
Generally speaking, the future of YouTube does not look so bright, at least not for independent content creators. YouTube is getting ever more geared towards big corporations, which is both lamentable and understandable. However, on a more positive note, I am excited about both Odysee and 3Speak.
If you haven’t already signed up to Odysee, I encourage you to do so now: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@thegoldenone:a. A great feature of Odysee is that you can repost videos from other channels. This makes it easier for supporters to access all content in one place. As you can see below, my appearances on Guide to Kulchur (DECAMERON) and The Bog both appear on my channel. I have also reposted Camp of Saints by Elessar and Xurious (great track) and a video from Asha Logos (who does great videos). So, if you haven’t checked those videos out, you can do so on my Odysee channel.
3Speak is a part of the Hive network (as are PeakD and Ecency). Hive is a highly interesting (decentralised) initiative that I will promote later on. As of late, I have promoted Odysee, Gab and Minds quite hard, so I need to wait a while until I can promote more social media sites. 3Speak is the video platform of the network. It looks and feels really good, you can check out my channel here: https://3speak.tv/watch?v=thegoldenone/kmvfldqh. Odysee will be my primary video platform moving forward, but 3Speak is an interesting alternative. I am also keeping my eyes open for other platforms of the Hive network. Exciting times!
Moreover, I just released Podcast Episode 8. Balkanization, where I discuss the future of Europe and America. The episode is available here: https://www.subscribestar.com/thegoldenone and here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/50169296. Sharing my thoughts in a podcast feels great. I don’t have to censor myself and I don’t have to keep it short.
Lastly, on a somewhat unrelated note, the supremely aesthetic Lir’s Merino Wool Sweater (seen in the header picture) may be back come autumn. What I can say with certainty, though, is that more wool garments will be available later in the year. You can stay tuned by signing up to the newsletter (form is on the page): https://legiogloria.com/.
Posted on April 16, 2021
“𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝑮𝒐𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒌𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕: 𝑯𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒂𝒛𝒛𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓. 𝑨 𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏. 𝑰𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒌𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕’𝒔 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒑𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝑳𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒚.”
Originally posted to Gab as my Fizeek Friday contribution: the post on Gab.
Gym advice: strength and mass will come to you, but only if you continuously get stronger in the heavy compound movements (this is the main rule for naturals, i.e. non-steroid users). This means that most of your gym sessions will be about pushing your limits.
Adequate preparation (sleep + diet) will enable this. But, in my experience, you also need a good amount of passion to push through when the sessions get ever heavier.
Thus, you need to optimise your mental game in relation to your gym sessions. This is the idea behind memorising epic quotes (like the one above, which is from Otto Rahn’s Lucifer’s Court). The same principle applies to garments (many Legio Gloria designs for example) and to amulets. As seen in the picture, I am wearing the Hammer of Thor. I look at the Hammer and am reminded of its meaning (it is a symbol of strength).
I have long been a proponent of the PWO (pre-workout) Routine. A moment of mental preparation before the session. A cup of coffee, a fruit, some intense music, some videos (many of my videos are to serve this purpose). Get in the right mind-set before hitting the gym.
Picture via this video: https://odysee.com/@thegoldenone:a/the-golden-one-the-wild-hunt-for:f
Heimdall’s Blessed Garment and Hammer of Thor (seen in the picture above) via: https://legiogloria.com/
Speaking of which, we have a new release for Legio Gloria: the Questing Handsome Shorts – Navy.
These shorts are made of 100% cotton. They are a bit thicker and softer than the previous version of the Handsome Shorts. Moreover, since they are flexible and soft enough, the elastane has been omitted. Proudly made in Poland.
Lastly, as I announced on Telegram, the European Jotunheim Nutrition webshop has been updated: https://www.jotunheimnutrition.de/. In addition to some adjustments, I am happy to announce that Gyllene Kaffekompaniet gourmet coffee (Kongo Mörkrost) is now available for European customers. Swedish coffee is something completely different than non-Swedish coffee. So, a high quality Swedish gourmet coffee is bound to completely MOGG other, lesser, coffee types.
Posted on March 16, 2021
My Spotify playlist – The Golden One PWO of Metal and Glory – is now inactive. I simply had enough of Spotify’s “woke” pushiness and censoring of right-wing podcasts.
Below are a few music channels on Odysee which you can check out. Also, make sure to sign up to Odysee using my link: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@thegoldenone:a. I am not sure for how long I will be on YouTube, and I have already begun posting exclusive content there.
Elessar, long time Trve Friend. His track, which he made alongside Xurious, is one of my favourite tracks of all time. It is just unreasonably good!
Music by another friend of mine, VMVXEC, is also available on Odysee.
As is Hiraeth.
I will continue to update this list and promote good artists who create channels on Odysee.
Posted on March 14, 2021
New releases for Legio Gloria. This article will explain the thoughts behind the new design. Moreover, I just sent out a Legio Gloria newsletter. Signing up for that newsletter is the best way to stay updated on the clothing.
The Angel’s Triumph – T-Shirt design symbolises the triumph of good versus evil, which is a common theme in human myth. We live in an age where demonic forces, for lack of a better description, are on the rise. Talking about demonic forces might sound a bit too dramatic, but the further along the path of enlightenment you have travelled, the truer this statement will sound.
The washing instruction for the t-shirt (picture at the bottom of the article) includes a ‘No-Communism’ sign. I thought it was a nice touch that fitted the theme of the design. The angel on the hoodie is the same as on the t-shirt, but in gold, matching the Legio Gloria emblem embroidery on the front. Burgundy and gold go well together, aesthetically speaking.
Moreover, in my previous Legio Gloria newsletter, I wrote the following about the Theseus’ MMA Shorts: Theseus is a classical Hellenic hero, and the Minotaur is a high testosterone beast. As with all Legio Gloria designs, this is meant to inspire you to set a high pace in your given endeavour. Perhaps you are sparring, or rolling, against a larger and more experienced opponent, then envision yourself as Theseus fighting the Minotaur. Preparing for some heavy deadlifts in the gym? Envision the Primordial Beast coming to you in the shape of a Minotaur, lending you strength.
On another note, something which always makes me happy to hear, is when guys have recognised like-minded individuals in public when wearing Legio Gloria clothing. I have heard similar stories about Jotunheim Nutrition shakers in gyms in Sweden.
When designing clothes there are many different choices to be made. One such choice is whether to go with a discreet design or a design that is more eye-catching. The more eye-catching ones serve a good purpose in that they are easily recognisable, making it easier to recognise a potential friend. Another reason is, of course, to serve as motivation for the wearer. Looking yourself in the mirror whilst wearing a certain garment is supposed to give you additional strength (as explained above).
A note on the t-shirt. The reason for not going with regular or organic cotton for the new t-shirt, as for the other t-shirts, is so that the design itself is inside the cloth, as opposed to on top of it. Simply put, the design would not have been possible with another material. Speaking of which, it is very soft and comfortable. Coming t-shirts will be in organic cotton though, as will coming poloshirts.
That being said, I wish everyone a high energy and productive week ahead. And don’t forget to check in on Gab (and follow me there: @TheGoldenOne) next Friday for the weekly Fizeek Friday. It is highly motivating.
Lastly, if you see this, I salute you. Taking the time to read an article, instead of just mindlessly scrolling, is a sign of a disciplined mind.
Posted on March 6, 2021
Metaphysics of Power is a collection of essays written by Julius Evola throughout his life. Recently published by Arktos, it contains plenty of interesting insights. I can definitely recommend it for those interested in the teachings of Evola. Below are just a few notes that I deemed reasonable to share in regard to the book.
A Few Notes on Evola
1. His work is in Italian and was written between 1920-1974. This makes it necessary to read certain segments twice (or thrice!) to properly understand it. Even more so since certain passages can be quite hard to understand at first (especially if you are not used to reading Evola).
2. An interesting concept he elaborates on is the distinction between the race of the body, the race of the soul and the race of the spirit. Race of the body is the purely biological (the material). He cautions restricting one’s understanding of race to only the material. The race of the soul deals in a horizontal manner with what surrounds a man, his peers, the culture (art, literature, customs etc.) he is in. I talk more about this in Podcast Episode 4. Post Physique For Regime Change. The race of the spirit deals, in a vertical manner, with a man’s attitude to the divine and the metaphysical.
3. Evola refers to himself as a superfascista, meaning he was beyond fascism, as he viewed fascism as not being Right-Wing enough, not hierarchical enough. So, when he talks about the problem of racial materialism, he does not do it out of tolerance, but rather the opposite.
4. Understanding Evola’s view of hierarchy is easier done when taking his background into consideration. He was an aristocrat – a baron to be more precise – from Sicily. Another interesting book on this subject is Two Models of Government by Dr Michael Arnheim. I read this book a few years back, and it deals with the relationship between the King, the Aristocracy and the People.
An interesting essay in Metaphysics of Power deals with the French king Philip the Fair. Philip has, by some, been hailed as a proto-fascist king. Evola, however, takes issue with Philip because he laid the foundations of the centralisation of power (to Paris), at the expense of the feudal lords of France.
My own personal ill-will towards Philip the Fair stems from his treatment of the Templar Order. He was indebted to them and, on the fateful Friday the 13th, October, 1307, he vanquished them. I have made two videos on the topic: VLOG. A Note on the Templars. What Should the French King Philip Have Done? and October 13th 1307 – The Fall of the Templars: Assassin’s Creed Unity Part 1. As I mentioned in the video, I understand that Philip saw the Templars as a potential threat to his own power. However, how he dealt with them was less than honourable.
Evola says of the Templars:
‘Here it must suffice to observe that in the Order of the Templars, more than any similar organisation of that time, the highest ideal of Ghibelline civilisation had been realised: that is, of a close solidarity between the warrior element and the ascetic element.’
And, in a later passage in the same essay:
“The attack was levelled rather against men who incarnated the highest tradition of the Medieval Period.“
5. Lastly, two Evolian concepts which I elaborate, and give my own take, on in Dauntless are Men Among the Ruins and Ride the Tiger.
Posted on March 2, 2021
Here are the instructions for The Wild Hunt Challenge – Mindpower and Initiative (video).
- The first step is to sign up to Odysee and subscribe to my channel: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@thegoldenone:a (the video is also available there).
An easy first step! Key point: don’t be a passive consumer of content, be proactive.
- Make the following commitment to yourself: for the duration of this month, get into the habit of watching entire videos, instead of just watching a few minutes here and there. This is to train your attention span and in order for you to value the time you invest in watching content.
- This step is optional. Sign up to Gab 🐸 and post physique on all four Fridays of this month. Bonus points if you take picture in nature and additional bonus points if you are wearing Legio Gloria clothing. Tag with #FizeekFriday, you can also tag me in your posts: https://gab.com/TheGoldenOne
- Read one book. Fiction or non-fiction. Reading books is a great way to train your capacity for attention, you can view it as an anti-dote to the mindless scrolling of social media. You can also, and this is optional, post an epic quote or share some valuable insights from the book you are reading to Gab or Minds (you can tag me there so I see it).
- Train at least one martial art session this month. To not train any martial art during the month of the war god is sacrilegious!
Lastly, in case you aren’t already following me on Telegram, I encourage you to do so; it is my main platform at the moment: https://t.me/thegoldenone
Posted on February 26, 2021
Before anything else, I encourage you to sign up to Odysee using my invite link: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@thegoldenone:a
Odysee is my new primary video platform.
That being said, I thought to share some quick dietary advice that I elaborate on in the latest Podcast episode. The Podcast is available here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/48036010 or https://www.subscribestar.com/thegoldenone
- Optimal athletic performance and optimal health do not always go hand in hand. An elite level strongman will bloatmaxx (i.e., eat a crazy amount of calories) to be able to perform in his sport. Is this good for your overall health? There are certainly worse things you can do, but it is not necessarily the best thing you can do for your body either.
- Intermittent fasting. Is your goal to put on as much mass as possible? Perhaps you have just started praying in the Temple of Iron and are looking to make optimal gains. Then it is better to include a sturdy breakfast. Are you looking to stay lean and to optimise your health? Then intermittent fasting can be a good idea for you.
- What to eat? Meat, eggs, dairy. Meat is a superfood and does wonders for your cognitive performance. Make sure to get your food from a good, clean source. The healthier the animal has lived, the healthier the food will be.
- Try to cut out as much added sugar from your diet as possible. This does not include naturally occurring sugars, such as from fruits and milk etc. Eating a pastry every once in a while is not to be viewed as a failure, as long as your everyday diet is good and nutritious.
- Don’t forget to include bone broth in your diet. If you do not consume it on a regular basis, be sure to use a collagen supplement.
Lastly, it is Fizeek Friday over at Gab, be sure to sign up there and participate in this sacred tradition: https://gab.com/TheGoldenOne
Posted on February 24, 2021
Thank you for being here. I am not sure for how long I will be on YouTube, so if you appreciate my videos, I encourage you to sign up to Odysee using my invite link below:
Moreover, I will start making exclusive Odysee videos (even when I am still on YouTube). Also, be sure to sign up on these platforms:
The best way to stay updated on Legio Gloria releases is to sign up for the newsletter: https://legiogloria.com/ (on the right sidebar on the front page).